Solution Preparation prepared by Michael Nagle and me: Lab entry written by Michael
- Prepare stock solutions of adenosine and phosphate buffer
- Prepare aliquots of ADA stock solution
- Stocks will be used for ADA activity assay next week
- 10mL of 15mM solution of adenosine was prepared
- .015M = x/.01
- 0.0015mol adenosine * 267.24mol/g adenosine = 401mg adenosine
- 401mg adenosine was weighed and added to 10mL phosphate buffer.
- The 15mM solution was diluted to 5mM
- .01L * .015M = .005M * x
- 0.03L total volume for 5mM
- 0.02L buffer was added to bring the solution to 30mL and 5mM
Preparation of phosphate buffer
- 3.72g NaH2PO4 and 13.08 Na2HPO4 were added to 1.2L water, which was shaken.
- pH was brought to 7.4 using NaOH
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.