User:Allison K. Alix/Notebook/CHEM-581/2013/02/08
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
Revision as of 16:09, 8 February 2013
|Experimental Chemistry|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
- Mimic Stomach Acid environment to verify that hydrogel core will dissolve without liposome shell
- Swelling Study of pure hydrogels in water
1) Prepare several different low pH solutions (1.5 , 2.5, 3.5) using milli Q H2O and 1N Hydrochloric Acid
2) Place each MW in each pH solution as well as water. (4 tests for each MW, 12 in all)
3) Leave solutions for 5 days and monitor water absorbed by the hydrogels as well as whether or not they completely dissolve in the "stomach acid"
Photos of hydrogels (MW= 22,000g/mol, 89,000 g/mol, 130,000 g/mol respectively)
-22,000 g/mol PVOH did not form a hydrogel. After three freeze thaw cycles (24 hours @ -20°C, 24 hours at room temperature) the sample was still very much a liquid. This being said, we have concluded this molecular weight is not suitable for our drug delivery system.
-nanospheres that were prepared on Wednesday may be too small for our system. We are looking to alter the procedure slightly so we can make spheres slight bigger (micro or even milli scale)