(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 13:45, 6 November 2012
| Experimental Chemistry
|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
- Cross-link porphyrin/gluteraldehyde containing film
- Take IR spectra of all films synthesized thus far
- A 6 molal solution of NaCl was prepared (see calculations in "Data"). This solution was heated to 70°C at which point a film containing 1mL porphyrin and 1mL gluteraldehyde was added. The film was left to stir in solution until a visible color change occured, at which point we could assume the crosslinking was complete.
- IR spectral data was gathered for all films synthesized thus far. These spectra will later be analyzed to observe any apparent changes shifts in peaks due to the composition of the film
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.