Talk:Synthetic Biology:BioBricks/Standard FACS protocol
< Talk:Synthetic Biology:BioBricks
- RS 12:35, 23 March 2006 (EST): I posted Barry's standard protocols from ages ago for Pete Carr. This is severely in need of an update.
- Use defined rich media with glycerol as the carbon source wherever possible (see Neidhardt_EZ_Rich_Defined).
- Use beads to calibrate runs against one another and control for machine variation and PMT settings etc.
- If possible use MG1655 as the background strain because at least its sequence is known in contrast to a lot of other strains whose exact genotype can be either fuzzy or wrong.
- Move to using a near single copy plasmid for all characterization. See Synthetic_Biology:Vectors/Single_copy_plasmid.