- BC 13:13, 4 June 2006 (EDT):I put together a template page for materials similar to the protocols template written by Reshma Shetty.
This is a proposed restyling of the materials page. I thought I would put it here to see what people thought before making it go live on the real page. Comments welcome. I just thought the page could be made more compact and easy to view. Feel free to retweak if you have a better idea. A similar thing could be done to the protocols page. My only concern is whether it makes it more difficult/intimidating for those new to wikis to edit? Which is definitely not what I want. -- RS
- Jennyn 16:58, 26 February 2006 (EST): The page has been restylized. Please feel free to edit as you feel necessary.
automatic link collection
The materials page unlike the protocols page still does not collect pages according to their tag. I think this is a very useful feature, since new materials pages would then appear here without an additional edit to the materials page. This should be set up for this page as well.
Best, Jakob Suckale 11:18, 6 April 2009 (EDT)
Bill Flanagan (OpenWetWare.org at MIT) 11:40, 6 April 2009 (EDT)This is a good idea. We've discussed redoing the protocols page for a long time but to date it's still 'the same as it ever were'. I'll be glad to participate (i.e., provide technical assistance as needed) in the work if someone can help work on the requirements:
- What are the existing pages in OWW that would be related to materials?
- What would the best way to view and search these pages?
- How can we identify requests for information on materials that currently are not present in OWW pages?
- How can we provide a structure that encourages OWW members to participate in actively evolving this over time?
I would hope that what we would do for Materials could be applied to make protocols more user accessible as well.
Also, it's great to see someone using Talk pages; they're a pretty useful resource that we don't see a lot of people taking advantage of!. I'm still researching Southern blots to get back in the game after Jacob's last post to my talk page! Thanks for the comments, Jakob.