- Kevin Baldridge 03:31, 30 January 2013 (EST):If anyone has any suggestions or links, it's a really new topic to me so I'd be glad of the tips. Thanks!
- Jeffrey E. Barrick 10:43, 1 February 2013 (EST):Here are some ideas to get started:
- CLOTHO is what I hear the most about, but it seems very buggy when I try to use it on my Mac, so I haven't been able to do anything with it.
- TinkerCell has a neat interface and some simulation functions, but I don't think it is supported any more.
- TeselaGen is a company with a Beta of a synthetic biology tool going on right now. You can register and play with it for free, I believe.
- The iGEM team usually ends up using Geneious to design their constructs, but it doesn't have any real CAD functions except for editing sequences with annotations and drawing nice pictures.
- Also, check out the software division of iGEM. It has a lot of "Best-X-tool" prizes, which must mean that X is a synthetic biology CAD framework.