Talk:CH391L/S13/Biologically Inspired Materials
- Kevin Baldridge 17:25, 8 April 2013 (EDT):I remember reading about a self-healing carbon fiber-based material a few years ago. There were small pockets of the raw materials which would self assemble to heal a macro-scale break when the pockets were opened with the macro-scale break. I'll see if I can figure out what exactly it was
- Kevin Baldridge 17:36, 8 April 2013 (EDT):You mention spider silk for use in sutures, would immunogenicity be a problem?
- Aurko Dasgupta 17:51, 8 April 2013 (EDT):How is omniphobicity chemically achieved?
- Dwight Tyler Fields 17:52, 8 April 2013 (EDT): Spiders for iGEM!!!
- Aurko Dasgupta 17:53, 8 April 2013 (EDT): Was goat made silk expected to be more economical than microbially produced spider silk?