Via this page, we hope to maintain a collection of links to online tools that are related to Synthetic Biology. If you are editing this page, please try to keep the tools in alphabectial order, by tool name.
- Biopolymer calculator by Schepartz lab
- Calculate extinction coefficients, Tm's, and base composition for your DNA or RNA; calculate amino acid composition and extinction coefficient for your protein
- Gene Design by Boeke lab
- Collection of online tools for codon optimization and shuffling, restriction site editing, and so on.
- NEB Cutter by New England Biolabs, Inc.
- Tool for finding restriction sites, et cetera.
- Vector NTI by Informax, Inc.
- Free-to-academics Windows-only tool for sequence analysis and data management.
- mFold by Michael Zuker. This is the main page with links to sites for predicting RNA and DNA folds, calculating Tm's and free energies.
- Ambion's site with many useful nucleic acid parameters.
- Zinc Finger Tools by Barbas Lab
- Design Zinc Finger DNA binding proteins
- ExPASy Proteomics server
- Collection of links to many pages to calculate parameters of your favorite proteins
- E. coli genome site; get sequences, see the position of your gene in the chromosome, see the function of your gene, and other fun stuff. You can also search for protein sequences/motifs within the E. coli genome.