Synthetic Biology:Semantic web ontology
This is a part of the effort to provide a standardized, extensible, scalable and machine-processable interface for the Registry of Standard Biological Parts. The ideas of the Semantic Web seem to provide a solution to this problem. The success of developing a Synthetic Biology ontology depends in part on a good definition of the BioBricks abstraction hierarchy.
- First meeting
- Tuesday (9/20/05) at 3pm, room 68-674; minutes
- Second meeting
- Friday (9/23/05) at 10am, room 68-121; minutes
- Semantic Web
- Web Services
- Architecture of the World Wide Web, Volume One
- Design Issues for the World Wide Web
- Object-oriented biology - application of object-oriented paradigm to Gene (from nodalpoint.org)
- SynBERC: Synthetic Biology Engineering Research Center is a multi-institution research effort to lay the foundation for synthetic biology, which aims to build biological components and assemble them into integrated systems to accomplish specific tasks
- Registry of Standard Biological Models
- DOI & LSID info
- GeneDesign β2.0
- IBM DiscoveryLink provides users with a virtual database to which they can pose arbitrarily complex queries, even though the actual data needed to answer the query may originate from several different sources, and none of those sources, by itself, is capable of answering the query (data integration)
Contact: Ilya Sytchev
This site is hosted on OpenWetWare and can be edited by all members of the Synthetic Biology community.
Making life better, one part at a time.