- A: 0.06% TFA in dH2O.
- B: 0.054% TFA in 80% Acetonitrile
- When preparing, filter with Chemically Resistant ZapCap.
- Turn on pumps from bottom to top. (there are 4 parts that need to be turned on)
- Uncap waste container
- Turn on computer, open Class VP, open Instrument 1.
- To turn on computer control, click on icon that looks like a stamped letter. (upper left-hand corner.)
Column should be stored in 100% Buffer B.
Flush into Buffer A before run.
- Under Instrument Set-up, set %B to 0, and T.Flow to 1mL/min.
To run, click Download
- To run a method, open method (start with basic.met, obtain copy and create your own folder for this.)
- To start the method, click on the Blue arrow.
Select a name for your file. Make sure this will be in your own directory.
- Wash the syringe a couple times with Buffer A, shooting the waste into the waste container.
- With the knob turned all the way to the right (clockwise) insert the needle.
- Turn the knob counterclockwise all the way, and then inject your sample.
- Turn the knob back in the clockwise direction.
Triggering the Run:
- Press Start on the control box.
- To trigger the run to start, form a circuit between the two exposed wires.
- Go to 100% Buffer B for 10 min.
- Change flowrate to 0.
- Close down Class VP
- Shut-down pumps from top to bottom.
- Clean the Syringe with Buffer A. Leave syringe in HPLC.
(otherwise the next person could end up with your sample as a contaminant)