- Pfu is a thermostable DNA polymerase that can be used for PCR.
- Pfu has proof reading activity which makes it more accurate than for example Taq.
- Pfu does not exhibit 5' -> 3' exonuclease activity, which prevents degradation of the primers in mutagenesis methods based on ligation of primers or elongated primers.
- Elogation speed (bp/sec) tends to be lower than for example Taq.
- Build-in "Hotstart", because it's only active at high temperature, unlike Taq which has some activity at lower temperatures too
- Can degrade oligonucleotides, causing smearing (on gel).