New suggestions for highlights.. please feel free to add them
- protocol highlight -from nature article
- latest publication
active discussion highlightssee comm portal
community portal highlight
In the news section
- Image highlights
- video highlights
- feature highlight
Video on front page
- Jasonk 02:31, 11 July 2006 (EDT):That's an awesome video, I think we could put it on the front page for a little bit. Would be good if we could get google video to show up slightly smaller, though, if possible. Also, I added the topic to the SC agenda, so we can decide on thursday.
- BC 11:10, 11 July 2006 (EDT): I like the video and would like to see it posted. My only concern would be if we might run into any browser compatability issues with a video on the front page. If that might be a problem we could post an image of a screen capture from the video that links to the actual video. I second Jason's suggestion that it might be better if it was slightly smaller.
- Austin 12:54, 11 July 2006 (EDT): The current format doesn't make it clear what the video is about. I would expect a video explaining OWW on the front page at that location and a visitor could easily mistake the video of the people running OWW or something of that sort.
- Sri Kosuri 13:11, 11 July 2006 (EDT): Wow! This is great. Thanks for organizing and putting this together everyone. I agree that there should be some text describing the video, as well as it being a little smaller.
Protocol highlights This never got off the ground, can people suggest a protocol to start with perhaps? what's a good example?
Ideas: lab highlights
Lab highlights So this is working, sort of, I'm always late in publishing them! please suggest new labs to be highlighted.
Ideas: Image highlights
image highlights Highlights Image of the week/month/stash of images that rotate as a link from the front page.
video highlights e.g video of the month is linked from the main page.
Jennyn 13:27, 15 June 2006 (EDT): I'm just posting my idea that I gave at the SC meeting so I don't forget it. We should arrange 3 columns X 2 rows for highlights.
- Column 1 - Community/OWW Highlights
- Column 2 - Protocol Highlights
- Column 3 - Lab Highlights (we should highlight labs that have recently been published, have interesting research, etc, etc).
This way, we are able to see the previous highlight directly below the new highlight. For archiving, we will reproduce the "div" and have all of the highlights scroll downwards in order. This will help users and ourselves know what has been highlighted, etc. I had a go at what I think you mean, not sure about the div part. --Johncumbers 21:55, 10 July 2006 (EDT)
- Sort out the templates/inserts, e.g on main page highlights page so the are all like the lab highlights is.