|Line 43:||Line 43:|
Revision as of 08:07, 7 September 2006
- This is an in progress version for the SC page -- please add anything that you think is missing
- the old version can be found here.
- general discussion about design on the talk page
The OpenWetWare Steering Committee is charged with leading the future direction of OpenWetWare. The steering committee is open to all OWW members, and we are actively seeking participants. Please email admin (at) openwetware (dot) org to be added to the mailing list.
Action Items for this month
- Reddit trial. (cumbers, lucks)
- Make "Edit Sidebar" button for customization. (austin?)
- Vote on front page! (everyone)
- New front page is up.
- Finalize infrastructure strategy (Ilya, Sri, Jason)
- Jasonk 13:53, 3 September 2006 (EDT):Going with rackspace.com, waiting for MIT to approve the PO.
- Look over and comment on the list of SC goals.
Suggested items for next SC meeting
Please post any topics you would like the SC to consider at the next meeting -- you don't need to be on the committee to post something here!
- Jasonk 17:23, 4 September 2006 (EDT): Make it easy to make an OWW page compliant with postgenomic so it can get aggregated there.
- Jasonk 17:28, 4 September 2006 (EDT): Statistics and survey guru. Might want to have someone who keeps an eye on trends on the site. this could range from surveys of people are using the site as was suggested previously, to looking over site analytics (which will come with new hosting service), or to just tracking site statistics (number of users, number of labs, etc). This sort of information could help the SC make more informed decisions.
- Reshma 10:12, 5 September 2006 (EDT): I've been trying to work on a tutorial on how to host courses on OWW. Feedback/help welcome.
- Jasonk 07:59, 7 September 2006 (EDT): Should we have an officially sanctioned forum area? Could be a stopgap until the "liuquid threads" or whatever gets included in mediawiki...
Meeting time/date is 2nd Thursday of the month, Noon-1 pm Eastern Time at MIT. We have teleconferencing set up, so if you are interested in calling in, please let us know. (admin (at) openwerware (dot) org <showhide>Notes from previous meetings__HIDER__ <hide>
- Prior to the committee formation, there were ad-hoc discussions on OWW development:
- 7/25/06 Steering Committee Retreat
- Site administration (what is best page to link to?)
- Funding committee