OpenWetWare is an effort to promote the sharing of information, know-how, and wisdom among researchers and groups who are working in biology & biological engineering. OWW provides a place for labs, individuals, and groups to organize their own information and collaborate with others easily and efficiently. In the process, we hope that OWW will not only lead to greater collaboration between member groups, but also provide a useful information portal to our colleagues, and ultimately the rest of the world.
If you would like edit access, would be interested in helping out, or want your lab website hosted on OpenWetWare, please join us. You can also read more about the benefits of joining OpenWetWare. Also, please feel free to contact us
Information about OpenWetWare:
We are currently editing over 23,119 pages by 12,073 users.
- OpenWetWare's mission statement
- Contact information
- Email contact information
- Answers to frequently asked questions.
- Science 2.0
- An article discussing how new web technologies are changing the way we communicate as well as discussing how OpenWetWare fits in
- NSF Grant Application (pdf warning)
- A grant submitted to NSF describing past, current, and future directions of OpenWetWare.
- Seminar series
- A seminar series dedicated to discussing issues related to openness in science.
- Featured pages on OpenWetWare.
- Draft of OpenWetWare's bylaws.
- OpenWetWare's coverage in the press.
- OpenWetWare remains a free, open resource thanks to generous support from several sources.
For potential contributors
- Why join?
- Learn about the benefits of joining OpenWetWare
- How to join
- Joining is easy. Just fill in the easy webform. Remember, you only need an account to edit the site. You can view and browse the site freely without an account.
- Information on how to get started on OpenWetWare.
Mechanisms to find out more: