OHSU Knight CI Genomic Instability Interest Group
Objectives of the OHSU DNA R3 Club
Cross-departmental workshop composed of students, postdocs, and faculty with shared interest in basic principles and emerging discoveries in genomic instability, DNA replication, recombination and repair. The goals of the meetings and this wiki:
- Establish a challenging and interactive cross-departmental focus group that will advance understanding of our individual projects and encourage collaborations.
- Provide students and postdocs with training and interactions with faculty interested in the R3 Topics
Want to join us? All are invited!
- All year. The third Tuesday of the month is the DNA repair videoconference for the DNA Repair Interest Group at NIH. NIH videoconference is held at 9:30 am in the CROET 2nd floor conference room (BSAC 2501M).
- All year. Campus-wide Seminars of R3 Club interest are posted below. Please post your event or email Maureen through OpenWetWare with any updates.
- Spring Term, alternate years: the R3 clubs folds into the weekly Advanced Biochemistry Class.
Member Labs and Affiliations
Hoatlin Lab Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (BMB)
Thayer Lab BMB
Lloyd Lab Center for Research on Occupational and Environmental Toxicology (CROET)
Liskay Lab Molecular and Medical Genetics (MMG)
McCullough Lab CROET & MMG
Grompe Lab MMG
Turker Lab CROET
Kurre Lab Pediatrics
Events of DNA R3 Interest 2008-2009
- July 21, 2008. CROET, noon seminar. Paul Doetsch, Emory U. (Hosts: Amanda McCullough and R. Stephen Lloyd, CROET).
- August 12, 2008. Matt Thayer will give an update of the Salk Replication and Genome Integrity Meeting during the Hoatlin lab meeting in MRB 634 at 2:30pm.
- Sept 11, 2008. CROET, noon seminar. Dr. Ken Kraemer, NIH. Title: Xeroderma pigmentosum and trichothiodystrophy: Defective DNA Repair, Abnormal Development or Both? (Hosts: Amanda McCullough and R. Stephen Lloyd, CROET)
- September 29, 2008. CROET noon seminar BSAC 3524. Dr Glenn Wilson, U. South Alabama. "Targeting DNA Repair Fusion Proteins to Mitochondria to Enhance Islet Transplantation" (Host: R. Stephen Lloyd, CROET)
- Oct. 28, 2008. BMB Noon Seminar. Vollum 1441. Barbara Panning (Host: Matt Thayer BMB)
- Nov. 11, 2008. BMB Noon Seminar. Vollum 1441. Andrew Chess (Host: Matt Thayer BMB)
- Nov 18, 2008. NIH Videoconference, CROET 2nd floor conference room (BSAC 2501M), 9:30 AM. David Ferguson,University of Michigan. Roles of mammalian Mre11 in genomic stability and development (Origin: Univ of Michigan)
- Dec 16, 2008. NIH Videoconference, CROET 2nd floor conference room (BSAC 2501M), 9:30 AM. Tanya Paull. Univ of Texas. DNA end processing by Mre11/Rad50 complexes (Host: Smithville)
- Jan 20, 2009. NIH Videoconference, CROET 2nd floor conference room (BSAC 2501M), 9:30 AM. Dan Yarosh. AGI Dermatics. The Intercellular Communication of DNA Damage its Repair. (Host: Brookhaven)
- Feb 17, 2009. BMB Noon Seminar. Vollum 1441. Ari Melnick (Host: Maureen Hoatlin, BMB)
- Feb 17, 2009. NIH Videoconference, CROET 2nd floor conference room (BSAC 2501M), 9:30 AM. Marilyn Diaz . NIEHS - Rev3-mediated mutagenesis in mammalian cells (Origin: NIEHS)
- Mar 17, 2009. NIH Videoconference, CROET 2nd floor conference room (BSAC 2501M), 9:30 AM. Tom Misteli . NCI - Spatial genome organization in the formation of translocations and DNA repair (Origin: NIH, Bethesda)
- TBA-reschedule. OCI Seminar. Allen Ebens Host : Maureen Hoatlin, BMB)
Events of DNA R3 Interest 2007-2008
- Sept 20, 2007. 8:30 AM-3PM. School of Nursing Auditorium. CROET DNA Repair Symposium. Speakers: Amanda McCullough, Mark Kelley, Mitch Turker, R. Steven LLoyd, Glen Kisby, Phil Hanawalt, Lawrence Loeb, Harvey W. Mohrenweiser.
- Oct 5, 2007. 9:30-11 AM, 14th floor Hatfield OCI conference room. The Hoatlin Lab is presenting a research update on Fanconi anemia.
- Dec 9, 2007. Basic Science Room 2324 at 4:00 PM. Dana Dolinoy. "Epigenetic Gene Regulation: Linking the Early Developmental Environment to Adult Disease" Host: Pam Lein (CROET).
- Dec 12, Time: 4:00-5:00 PM, Location HRC 14D03 Denise A. Galloway, "Human papillomaviruses and cervical cancer: regulation of telomerase by the E6 oncoprotein"
- December 17, 2007. Time: 4-5 PM. University Hospital South 8B60 Peter A. Jones OCTRI & The Cancer Institute
- Dec 18, 2007. 9:30 AM-10:30 AM CROET 2nd floor conference room (BSAC 2501M) .Michael Bustin, NCI - Chromatin architecture and DNA repair. Origin: Bethesda, NIH DNA Repair Interest Group VIDEOCONFERENCE
- Jan 7, 2008. CROET room 3524 at 4 PM Bruce M. Spiegelman Harvard Medical School, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Host: Show-Ling Shyng
- Jan. 22, 2008. Vollum 1441, 12N, Marc Kantorow, Florida Atlantic University. Role of oxidation in the aging process; methionine sulfoxide reductases in lens and cataract. Host: Larry David (BMB)
- Jan 28 2008. CROET room 3524 at noon. Randy Legerski. Interests: mechanisms of DNA repair, recombinational repair, stress-induced cell cycle checkpoint responses
- Feb 5, 2008. Vollum 1441, 12N, Mirit Aladjem, Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology,NCI. Host: Matt Thayer (BMB)
- March 4, 2008. Vollum 1441, 12N, Rebecca Heald UC Berkeley; Mitotic spindle assembly and function. Host: Maureen Hoatlin (BMB)
- March 10, 2008. CROET room 3524 at noon. Orlando D. Schärer, Stony Brook University "Mechanisms of damage recognition and dual incision in human nucleotide" Host: Stephen Lloyd (CROET).
- March 12, 2008. Vollum Room M-1441, 4-5PM. Raymond Monnat, Jr., M.D., University of Washington, "Targeted Repair of Human Disease-Causing Mutations"
Held in CROET room 3524 at noon unless otherwise noted.
- DNAGearheads, Our new Citeulike site for DNA related articles. Let's try it
- Connotea, Nature's version of Cite-U-Like
External Meetings of Interest
For updated list see DNA Repair Interest Group web site. Please let R3 Club know if you are going to any meeting of interest. Also, please consider giving a conference update when you get back. Email me through OpenWetWare to schedule.