- target organism: bacteria, mammalian cells
- stock solution: 10mg/ml in water
- working solution: 10-50µg/ml (stable at RT for 5days)
- mode of action: binds to ribosomal components and inhibits protein synthesis.
- mode of resistance: neo/kan resistance gene is an aminoglycoside 3'-phosphotransferase, which inactivates G418, neomycin, and kanamycin by phosphorylation.
- related antibiotics: kanamycin, G418
- list of cell culture reagents by Krackeler 
- list of cell culture reagents by USB 
- forum thread on difference between neomycin & G418