Coating Procedure Using polyDuramide
polyDuramind (MW~ 2,000,000 g/mole) is the trade name for poly hydroxyethyleacrylamide (pHEA)
Coating Solution Preparation
The dynamic coating solution is prepared at a concentration of 0.25% (wt%) in deionized water.
Ex. To prepare 20 mL of polyDuramide solution from lyopholized sample: Dissolve 50 mg of polyDuramide in 20 mL of water
PolyDuramide Derivitization Procedure
(1) Rinse channel with DI water
(2) Remove water
(3) Fill channel with 1 M HCl, let stand for 15 minutes
(4) Remove HCl
(5) Rinse channel with DI water
(6) Remove water
(7) Fill channel with coating solution, let stand for 15 minutes
(8) Remove coating solution. Chip should be coated.
If desired, rinse channel with DI water followed with acetonitrile. Dry channel and chip is ready to use.
This coating is very stable. However, when not in use, it would be best to store at ~ 4 °C.
- Eric Chu 22:20, 22 July 2009 (PDT):
or instead, discuss this protocol.