Back to Protocols
- There are several ways to change bases. QuickChange is the fast and standard way.
- Some protocols use ligase.
- Some protocols allow you to do more than one change simultaneously. Here is an excellent article Amanda found about doing multiple mutations with QuickChange
- Justin Siegel at the Baker lab is our local expert. The UW iGem team uses this method.
- Our lab (at least Amanda and Janet) have not tried it yet. Our understanding is that it is for more substantial changes than just single amino acid changes.