LauraTerada Individual Journal Assignment Week 6
- Select one of these project topics as what you will present next week.
- 2:The chemostat model we’ve worked out does not predict the oxygen use and carbon dioxide production of Figure 1 B. Develop and analyze a model of the chemostat that includes oxygen and carbon dioxide.
- Find at least one reference beyond the two terSchure et al papers that will be helpful to your modeling effort. Discuss in your journal the relevance of the reference.
- Nelson, David L., and Michael M. Cox. Principles of Biochemistry. 5th ed. New York: W.H. Freeman and Company, 2008. Print.
- This source has a detailed section on the TCA cycle and yeast. This can help us in our project because we are trying to include CO2 and O2 into our model, and these two molecules are components in yeast metabolism. Thus, this textbook will give us an indication of how CO2 and O2 are used by yeast cells.
- Find a mathematical reference, be it a textbook, a paper, or a website, that is relevant to your project topic. Discuss in your journal the relevance of the reference.