(New page: ==Overview== General overview and guidelines on how to grow up a culture of Lactobacillus ==Materials== *MRS broth (difco) *MRS agar (difco) *anaerobic conditions ==Procedure== #Follo...)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|back to protocols|
General overview and guidelines on how to grow up a culture of Lactobacillus
- MRS broth (difco)
- MRS agar (difco)
- anaerobic conditions
- Follow instructions to make MRS plates and media, autoclave to sterilize
- Streak Lactobacillus on MRS plate or inoculate into test tube of MRS media
- Incubate at 37C under anaerobic conditions
- If from new source of Lactobacillus (ex. dehydrated bacteria from ATCC) allow up to 3 days to grow. Otherwise, allow 12-24 hours to grow
Please feel free to post comments, questions, or improvements to this protocol. Happy to have your input!
- For anaerobic conditions, buy gaspak, or for the cheaper solution light a candle inside an airtight box
Please sign your name to your note by adding '''*~~~~''': to the beginning of your tip.
- Derek Ju (derekju [at] mit.edu)
or instead, discuss this protocol. -->