Knight:Electrophoretic mobility shift assay
In progress! Has not been tested.
An assay to check for protein-DNA binding.
- SYBR Green EMSA nucleic acid gel stain
- 10,000X concentrate in dimethylsulfoxide
- Stored at -20°C
- SYPRO Ruby EMSA protein gel stain
- Light sensitive
- Store at room temperature
- Trichloroacetic acid (TCA)
- Loading solution
- Tom thinks we could get away with using our typical gel loading buffer.
- Binding buffer
- Need to determine composition. See Reshma Shetty/Scratchpad#DNA binding reaction conditions for notes.
- EMSA kit from Invitrogen
- Jing D, Beechem JM, and Patton WF. . pmid:15300760.
- Jing D, Agnew J, Patton WF, Hendrickson J, and Beechem JM. . pmid:12872218.