4 March 2010 Lab Meeting
‡ Flu R01:Integration
- meetings every other M 1-3pm. 705.
† HDA (Lead: Jaephil, Team:Sonali)
- Patient Samples - dilution experiments (MM/SH/JD)
- Start planning R01 for Submission on 6/5/10. MM, JD, CMK.
- HDA mix in dried form - Expecting it from BH.
- warm start on the way - MTA (CMK)
- HDA negative water reactions all have primer dimers/non-specific band at 70bp for c diff HDA (MM)
- 2nd HDA design - "microSPE" + "Flu primer" + "HDA in a cup" + "Detection kit from Biohelix"
† Sample Concentration (Lead: Jane, Team: Jaephil)
- Air resistance in the air channel is too large.
- New branched "membrane" chip design #1 in lithography stage.
- New "tube" chip design in drawing stage. Obtained more porous PTFE tubing samples
- Samples expected from Fauchet group.
† SPE Column Optimization for DNA/RNA. (Lead: Sonali, Team: Hussam, Jessie, Brendan)
- Jessie will run chips with serial virus dilutions from 1:1 to 1:1,000,000 to re-do previous dilution experimnent with WHO SYBR green assay on chip.
- Less input sample (same concentration). Results to come. (JC)
- Casein in human serum experiments ongoing. (HM)
† Integrated chip for flu(SPE+RT+PCR) (Lead: Qingqing)
- Real copy number of previous human samples. So QQ is working with the higher concentration samples. Range is 10^7-10^9 of copy number/ml.
- REVISIT the % recovery number.
- QQ will try: more enzyme, Tween 20, BSA amounts.
- PCR1 will combine with PCR2 if PCR2 comes back for revisions. (CMK)
‡C. diff Project (Cathie, Sonali, Satish Singh, Lisa J., His post doc )
† PCR of C.Difficile DNA (Qingqing)
‡ Coulter Flu Fraunhofer Project (Lead: Sonali, Team: Sonali, Jessie, Cathie, CMI Folks, Qingqing)
- New meeting time, T, 9:30 am every other week. MEETINGS CANCELLED THIS WEEK.
‡ Agilent Automated Sample Preparation (Lead: Alex)
- Paper on HotDog - with CMK/ASB
‡ COBRA (Lead: Jaephil, Team: Cathie, Jane for virus only, PHO folks)
- Evap paper - Additional experiment for Fig 3. By 3/15.
‡ Biointerfaces group (Lead: MinCheol, Team: Cathie, MCK, Wong and Meller folks)
* Cathie will submit paper.
‡ CIMIT- Sepsis (Lead:Cathie, Team:TBA)
- Sample collection ongoing.
‡ PATH Grant (Lead:Cathie, Team:Frank, Sean, Mark, Jake Trueb (ME))
- Phone call with PATH 3/22.
- Frank: One week data up 3/5/10..
- Sean: Started making straws for the new experiments we talked about (DNA weights of 1ng, 10ng, and 100ng through 700nm at SPE 100 monolith at 0-day time point). Testing has been very slow-going due to an excess amount of other school work/tests.
- Mark: as of 3/4/10 up to 10% recovery from 10 ng input sample with water elution.
‡ IIH Senior Project.
- Finished with 100 micrometer films. Registration experiments. "Optimized."
- 44 micron films. COP. This week.
- Elisa Test still on to do list.