Recent News and Highlights
- 12/2013 - Phil Tatman was awarded the Mary Gates Leadership Scholarship and Rachel Lucero was awarded the Mary Gates Research Scholarship. Congratulations Phil and Rachel!
- 11/2013 - The Kim lab has been awarded the WRF Microfabrication Commercialization Grant (https://www.wnf.washington.edu/). This award will support our work on development of a next generation integrated MEA-nanodevice for drug-induced cardiotoxicity screening.
- 9/2013 - Cameron Nemeth has been given a BMES Undergraduate Design and Research Award for his extended abstract for BMES 2013. Cameron also received the Washington Research Foundation Fellowship. Congratulations Cameron!
- 8/2013 - Alex Jiao was awarded a NIH T32 Cardiovascular Pathology Training Grant Fellowship.
- 6/2013 - Jesse Macadangdang was awarded a NIH Bioengineering Cardiovascular Training Grant Fellowship.
- 6/2013, Daniel Lih was awarded a summer research fellowship from National Yang-Ming University.
- 4/2013 - The Kim Lab has been awarded a Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) research grant to develop techniques for growing muscle for use in transplantation into a mouse model of Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- 3/2013 - Daniel Lih has been awarded the Mary Gates Undergraduate Research Scholarship!
- 2/2013 - Dr. Hee Seok Yang, a postdoctoral fellow in the Kim lab, has accepted an offer to start as an assistant professor in the Department of NanoBio Medical Sciences at the Dankook University in Korea. We wish him great success in his new endeavor!
- 2/2013 - Alex Jiao, Nicole Trosper, and Justin Lee won the Outstanding Paper Award at the 2013 ASME Global Congress on Nano Engineering for Medicine and Biology.
- 12/2012 - Cameron Nemeth received the SLUG Symposium Undergraduate Student Award.
- 2012 - Derek Britain, Sam Frankel, Cameron Nemeth, and Nicole Trosper have been awarded for Mary Gates Undergraduate Research Scholarship.
- 2011 - Prof. Kim joined IET Micro and Nano Letters: special issue on micro-nanoengineered platforms for mechanobiology studies as a Co-guest editor.
- 4/2011 - Alex Jiao was awarded a NIH Bioengineering Cardiovascular Training Fellowship.
- 7/2010 - Prof. Kim featured in National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering article on a nanoengineered patch for the damaged heart.