Recent News and Highlights
* 12/2013 - Phil Tatman was awarded the Mary Gates Leadership Scholarship and Rachel Lucero was awarded the Mary Gates Research Scholarship. Congratulations Phil and Rachel!
* 11/2013 - The Kim lab has been awarded the WRF Microfabrication Commercialization Grant (https://www.wnf.washington.edu/). This award will support our work on development of a next generation integrated MEA-nanodevice for drug-induced cardiotoxicity screening.
* 9/2013 - Cameron Nemeth has been given a BMES Undergraduate Design and Research Award for his extended abstract for BMES 2013. Cameron also received the Washington Research Foundation Fellowship. Congratulations Cameron!
* 8/2013 - Alex Jiao was awarded a NIH T32 Cardiovascular Pathology Training Grant Fellowship.
* 6/2013 - Prof. Kim has been awarded the prestigious Young Investigator Award from the Korean-American Scientists and Engineers Association (KSEA).
* 6/2013 - Jesse Macadangdang was awarded a NIH Bioengineering Cardiovascular Training Grant Fellowship.
- 6/2013, Daniel Lih was awarded a summer research fellowship from National Yang-Ming University.
- 5/2013 - Prof. Kim joined the editorial board of the Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology as an Associate Editor.
- 4/2013 - The Kim Lab has been awarded a Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) research grant to develop techniques for growing muscle for use in transplantation into a mouse model of Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- 3/2013 - Daniel Lih has been awarded the Mary Gates Undergraduate Research Scholarship!
- 2/2013 - Dr. Hee Seok Yang, a postdoctoral fellow in the Kim lab, has accepted an offer to start as an assistant professor in the Department of NanoBio Medical Sciences at the Dankook University in Korea. We wish him great success in his new endeavor!
- 2/2013 - Alex Jiao, Nicole Trosper, and Justin Lee won the Outstanding Paper Award at the 2013 ASME Global Congress on Nano Engineering for Medicine and Biology.
- 1/2013 - Prof. Kim was invited to join the editorial board of the Journal of Micro-Bio Robotics as an Associate Editor.
- 1/2013 - Prof. Kim joins the editorial board of the International Journal of Nanomedicine.
- 1/2013 - Prof. Kim joins the editorial board of the IET Nanobiotechnology Journal.
- 1/2013 - Alex Jiao is selected for a travel award and a short talk speaker for the BMES 2013 Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering Conference.
- 1/2013 - Prof. Kim received the BMES-CMBE "Rising Star" award.
- 1/2013 - Prof. Kim joins the editorial board of the Journal of Laboratory Automation.
- 12/2012 - Cameron Nemeth received the SLUG Symposium Undergraduate Student Award.
- 11/2012 - Prof. Kim gave an invited talk and chaired two sessions at the IEEE NANOMED 2012 conference.
- 8/2012 - Our recent Integrative Biology cover article is featured on the Integrative Biology blog.
- 2012 - Derek Britain, Sam Frankel, Cameron Nemeth, and Nicole Trosper have been awarded for Mary Gates Undergraduate Research Scholarship.
- 2012 - Prof. Kim appointed as program committee member of IEEE International Conference on Nano/Molecular Medicine and Engineering.
- 1/2012 - Prof. Kim co-organized the first USACM Thematic Conference on Multiscale Methods and Validation in Medicine and Biology: Biomechanics and Mechanobiology.
- 11/2011 - Prof. Kim gave an invited talk at the 5th International Conference on Cell Therapy, Seoul, Korea.
- 10/2011 - Prof. Kim gave an invited talk at the 10th International Conference on Nanoimprint and Nanoprint Technology.
- 2011 - Prof. Kim joined IET Micro and Nano Letters: special issue on micro-nanoengineered platforms for mechanobiology studies as a Co-guest editor.
- 5/2011 - Derek received a NASA Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship.
- 5/2011 - Prof. Kim has been selected as the 2011 recipient of the Perkins Coie Award for Discovery.
- 4/2011 - Alex Jiao was awarded a NIH Bioengineering Cardiovascular Training Fellowship.
- 7/2010 - Prof. Kim featured in National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering article on a nanoengineered patch for the damaged heart.
- 5/2010 - Prof. Kim received the Harold M. Weintraub Award.
- 12/2009 - Our PNAS paper discussed in Science Daily magazine.
- 5/2009 - Our Advanced Functional Materials paper featured as Frontispiece.