Kevin Matthew McKay Week 12
- I chose profile 45 because it was the opposite of my partner Laura's, mine was up regulated and then down regulated.
- 615 Genes were assigned
- 53.4 Genes were expected
- p-value was 0
- At p < .05 209 GO terms were associated with this profile
- At corrected p < .05 18 GO terms associated with this profile
- GO:0005730-Nucleolus-A small, dense body one or more of which are present in the nucleus of eukaryotic cells. It is rich in RNA and protein, is not bounded by a limiting membrane, and is not seen during mitosis. Its prime function is the transcription of the nucleolar DNA into 45S ribosomal-precursor RNA, the processing of this RNA into 5.8S, 18S, and 28S components of ribosomal RNA, and the association of these components with 5S RNA and proteins synthesized outside the nucleolus. This association results in the formation of ribonucleoprotein precursors; these pass into the cytoplasm and mature into the 40S and 60S subunits of the ribosome.
- GO:0042254-Ribosome biogenesis-A cellular process that results in the biosynthesis of constituent macromolecules, assembly, and arrangement of constituent parts of ribosome subunits; includes transport to the sites of protein synthesis.
- GO:0006364-rRNA processing-Any process involved in the conversion of a primary ribosomal RNA (rRNA) transcript into one or more mature rRNA molecules.
- GO:0016072-rRNA metabolic process-The chemical reactions and pathways involving rRNA, ribosomal RNA, a structural constituent of ribosomes.