Hyunyoung Jeong, PharmD, PhD
Associate Professor of Pharmacokinetics
Departments of Pharmacy Practice and Biopharmaceutical Sciences
833 S. Wood Street (MC 886), Room 164
Chicago, IL 60612
Office: 833 S. Wood Street, Room 117B
Laboratory: 833 S. Wood Street, Room 118A
E-mail: yjeong at uic edu , hyunyoung.jeong at gmail com 
- Altered drug metabolism during pregnancy
- Regulation of hepatic drug-metabolizing enzymes
- Preclinical drug development
- Pharmacogenomics and clinical pharmacokinetics
- Yan-Yan Zhang and Xian Pan received travelship awards from American Society of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics to attend Experimental Biology 2013 held in Boston (February 2013).
- Jeong received a subcontract funding from Dr. Arun Ghosh's MERIT award for anti-HIV drug development. (September 2012)
- David Vaynshteyn successfully defended his MS thesis. Congratulations! (July 2012)
- Suyoung Choi and Steve Jurkovic successfully defended their dissertations and graduated. Congratulations! (May 2012)
- Jeong received a Just-In-Time funding from UIC Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences  to study CYP2D6 induction during pregnancy. (Jan 2012)
- Kwihye Koh won the 3rd place in postdoctoral poster competition at the International Society of Studies of Xenobiotics Annual Meeting. Her poster was entitled "17β-Estradiol (E2) enhances cytochrome P450 (CYP) 2B6 expression via cooperative actions of estrogen receptor (ER) and constitutive androstane receptor (CAR)." Congratulations! (October 2011)
- A collaborate R21 project entitled “Comprehensive studies of novel SNPs affecting Warfarin dose in African Americans” was funded by NHLBI. Jeong lab will characterize functional significance of the identified genetic variations. Dr. Minoli Perera at University of Chicago is the principal investigator of the grant. Other collaborator includes Dr. Larisa Cavallari. (July 2011)
- Jeong received an R01 grant from NICHD for a project entitled "Altered drug metabolism in pregnancy." (April 2011) 
- Wei Li, PhD joined Jeong lab as a visiting postdoctoral research associate (July 2012). Wei is a lecturer at Medical College of Yangzhou University.
- Jin Kyung Lee, PhD joined Jeong lab as a postdoctoral research associate (July 2012). Jin received her PhD from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Jingli Ji, MS joined Jeong lab as a new graduate student. Welcome! (January 2012)
- Hye Jin Chung, PhD returned to her position at the Korean Institute of Science and Technology (December 2011).
- Xian Pan joined Jeong lab as a new graduate student. Welcome! (December 2011)
- Lindsey Choi, BS joined Jeong lab as a research specialist. Lindsey is a recent graduate from UIC, and previously worked as an undergraduate volunteer in Jeong lab (September 2011).
- Yan-Yan Zhang, PhD joined Jeong lab as a postdoctoral research associate. Before joining Jeong lab, Yan-Yan was Assistant Professor at Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, the Chinese Academy of Sciences (August 2011).
- Yong Liu, MD, PhD left for Associate Professor position at Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, the Chinese Academy of Sciences (July 2011).