Individual Journal Week 5
Saccharomyces Genome Database
- Which of these genes has a homolog (similar gene related by descent) in humans? What disease does a deficiency of this gene cause in humans?
- How is the expression of each of these genes regulated?
- Using the compound search tool of SGD, search on "L-glutamate". How many pathways does it participate in?
- Find the SGD representation of the pathway we are working on in class and attach a screenshot and hyperlink to your journal page. Choose the one that shows all of the reactions we talked about in class and make sure you can relate it to your notes, matching the genes, enzyme names, and reactants/products.
- What parameters for these reactions can you find using this database? HINT: the literature portion of the individual gene pages may be helpful.