IGEM:University of East Anglia (UEA), Norwich, UK/2009/Notebook/NRP-UEA-Norwich iGEM/2013/07/18
|Week Seven|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
Sequencing results arrived and we spent the time analysing them. We confirmed one of our bio ricks which is the J04450 with Nde1 site inserted. But the other bio brick had a problem where 3 Xba1 sites were inserted instead of one. Therefore, we planned experiments to fix this error over next week.
The supernatant and resuspended pellets from the protein expression were analysed using a 10% SDS Polyacrylamide gel which was then stained with Coomassie blue.
Observed previously plated samples (1-38) - most showed at least one example of Strep (!!!) - small white colonys with brown ring around. Sporulating colonies have a grey centre.
Re-plated samples that showed no Strep. growth. Dilutions of 10^-2, 10^-3 and 10^-4 were plated.
Transformations - growth on all plates = successful transformations, now have resistance to antibiotic in media. Only diluted samples are useful (single colonies), in the un-diluted samples the colonies have merged.
The team was split into two groups and went for collecting sediment samples from around Norfolk.