Please refer to the assembly strategy for details.
Three Lab-teams are currently working in parallel to assemble parts which will be needed for down-stream steps, as soon as the synthesized sequences arrive.
- XylE team (Maddie and Nicolas)
- Vectors team (Kyasha and Kirill)
- Surface Protein team (Harriet and Florian)
- XylE characterization: During the next week (week 9) we will start characterization of XylE. Purification of XylE-His tagged from Jeremy's cultures will be a first step in direction of in-vitro assays. Upon assembly of the GFP-XylE fusion protein this week, protein purification will provide us with both XylE and GFP-XylE for in vitro testing. Important kinetic data will hopefully be obtained during the next 7 days.
- 14 other primers will be required. Design is in progress (pic of word tabl)- have been ordered (OK)
- Experimental design for XylE e.coli testing! (OK)
- Functional testing strategies have been developed and have been indicated in the overall assembly strategy diagram. Need to be written up properly!
- Strategies for testing of expression etc have to be developed and structured. (OK)
- List of parts for submission has to be assembled.
- ComE promoter system - recap on mode of function.