Occasionally, edits to pages in OpenWetWare are made which are incorrect or should not have been done. Fortunately, undoing edits is simple in a wiki. Here are some simple instructions on how to undo edits (also called reverting to a previous version of the page).
- Go to the page whose edit you would like to undo.
- Click on the tab at the top of the page.
- You'll now be viewing the revision history of the page.
- Click the time and date stamp link for the version of the page just before the edit you want to undo.
- Click the tab at the top of the page.
- Click to view and confirm the version of the page you wish to restore
- Click to save the current version of the page (thereby undoing all future edits). It is generally a good idea to put a short note in the Summary: box explaining why you reverted the edit.