Genes of Focus
All of these genes are listed under MAP Kinase Activity
- The substrates of this kinase include transcription regulator ATF2, MEF2C, and MAX, cell cycle regulator CDC25B, and tumor suppressor p53, which suggest the roles of this kinase in stress related transcription and cell cycle regulation, as well as in genotoxic stress response.
- Involved in UV radiation induced apoptosis, thought to be related to the cytochrome c-mediated cell death pathway
- This kinase blocks the ubiquitination of tumor suppressor p53, and thus it increases the stability of p53 in nonstressed cells
- Through its phosphorylation and nuclear localization, this kinase plays regulatory roles in the signaling pathways during neuronal apoptosis
Under phosphotransferase activity, alcohol group as acceptor
- Interesting Note: RET is present within the list, a proto-oncogene. It can undergo oncogenic activation and become tumor-inducing.