N-(2-hydroxyethyl)piperazine-N’-(2-ethanesulfonic acid); 4-(2-hydroxyethyl)-1-piperazineethanesulfonic acid; CAS NUMBER: 7365-45-9
- pKa at 25C of 7.55 (7.31 at 37C)
- a second pKa at pH 3 is not of interest
- usable buffering range of 6.8 to 8.2
- molecular weight 238.3
- ΔpKa/ΔT = -.014
Buffers are typically 1 M, prepared by neutralizing HEPES with sodium hydroxide. HEPES is essentially insoluble until it is neutralized.
- Good NE, Winget GD, Winter W, Connolly TN, Izawa S, and Singh RM. . pmid:5942950.
- Good NE and Izawa S. . pmid:4206745.
- Blanchard JS. . pmid:6717292.