|pBR322 and its derivatives
|pACYC and its derivatives
|pSC101 and its derivatives
||Negative control element
| colE1[4, 5], pMB1
|| controls processing of pre-RNAII into primer. pUC is derived from pBR322 (a single mutation in the pBR322 Primer RNA and deletion of the rop gene) which is derived from a pMB1 replicon, and cannot co-reside with the colE1 incompatibility group.
| IncFII, pT181
|| controls synthesis of RepA protein
| P1, F, R6K, pSC101, p15A
|| sequesters RepA protein
Replication origins in different incompatibility groups are compatible. Replication origins in the same incompatibility group are not.
Some sets of vectors with compatible origins are available as a part of the Novagen Duet system. (from TK)
Individual vector links
Note: searching for cloning vector <insert vector name> when looking for vector sequences in NCBI Entrez Nucleotide search. It helps to cut down on the number of hits.
- Bolivar F, Rodriguez RL, Greene PJ, Betlach MC, Heyneker HL, Boyer HW, Crosa JH, and Falkow S. . pmid:344137.
- Chang AC and Cohen SN. . pmid:149110.
- Cohen SN and Chang AC. . pmid:334752.
- Bazaral M and Helinski DR. . pmid:4939624.
|original discovery of ColE1 plasmid
- Hershfield V, Boyer HW, Yanofsky C, Lovett MA, and Helinski DR. . pmid:4610576.
- Joseph Sambrook, David W. Russell. Molecular cloning. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, 2001. isbn:0-87969-577-3.
- Anderson ES. . pmid:4879515.
|Discusses transferable drug resistance in Escherichia coli (i.e. plasmids with resistance markers)
- Cohen SN and Chang AC. . pmid:4576014.
|Discusses generation of plasmids by sharing DNA, their transformation and replication.
- Cohen SN, Chang AC, Boyer HW, and Helling RB. . pmid:4594039.
|Discusses use of vector to propagate other DNA fragments