Elizabeth Polidan Week11
(Difference between revisions)
(Set up vocabulary and outline structure for homework 11)
(Forgot template -- added it.)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 12:12, 2 April 2013
BIOL 398.03 / MATH 388
- Loyola Marymount University
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- fatty-acid desaturase
- cis-regulatory motifs
Outline of Tai et al. (2007)
- What is the main result presented in this paper?
- What is the importance or significance of this work?
- How did they treat the cells (what experiment were they doing?)
- What strain(s) of yeast did they use? Was the strain haploid or diploid?
- What media did they grow them in? Under what conditions and temperatures?
- What controls did they use?
- How many replicates did they perform per condition?
- What mathematical/statistical method did they use to analyze the data?
- What transcription factors did they talk about?
- Briefly state the result shown in each of the figures and tables.
Placeholder for reflection questions.
Critically evaluate the Tai et al. (2007) paper.
- Overall, do you think this paper was clearly written? Why or why not?
- Based on what is written in the methods section, do you think you could reproduce their experiments and data analysis?
- What else would you like to know about their methods, results, and future directions?