NEBuffer EcoR I
- Improving the efficiency of EcoRI/SpeI Double Digest.
- Reaction Volumes - I used to have very inconsistent results when digesting with EcoRI, using the 20μl reaction volume. Using the Knight Lab's 50μl mix has recently given good results. I haven't tested this enough to say it is a statistically significant result. --BC 13:39, 2 Jun 2005 (EDT)
- The custom EcoRI buffer provided by NEB contains Triton-X100. This detergent is very inhibitory in transformations, so direct ligation and cloning of DNA cut in this buffer is problematic. Remarkably small amounts of this buffer dramatically reduces transformation efficiency.
- Morrow JF and Berg P. . pmid:4343967.
Discusses cleavage of DNA at a unique location by EcoRI
- Mulder C and Delius H. . pmid:4343959.
Specificity of EcoRI
- Hedgpeth J, Goodman HM, and Boyer HW. . pmid:4343974.
Identifies the overhang sequence produced by EcoRI
- Bigger CH, Murray K, and Murray NE. . pmid:4578426.
No abstract available online.
- Mertz JE and Davis RW. . pmid:4343968.
Use of EcoRI to generate DNA fragments that can be ligated
- Cohen SN, Chang AC, Boyer HW, and Helling RB. . pmid:4594039.
Use of EcoRI to generate recombinant DNA fragments