(Difference between revisions)
| || |
09/ 20/2013''': Eva Huang passed her qualifying exams with flying colors. She did awesome, congrats Eva! |+|
*'''//2013''': her . She !
| || |
[[Image:Dunn lab new icon mini.png]]
[[Image:Dunn lab new icon mini.png]]
| || |
| || |
Revision as of 16:49, 18 November 2013
Welcome to the Dunn Lab homepage!
Our lab is interested in studying force-dependent biological systems using a variety of biophysical methods.
You can check out our published work, our blog, learn about the broader impacts of our work, and find contact information using the toolbar at the top of each page. Though it is still under construction, please feel free to peruse our site and shoot us an email if you have any questions.
- 10/29/2013: Dr. Maggie Ostrowski completed her PhD thesis defense!! Congrats Maggie. She returns to Agilent to continue her very successful career. Good luck to you!
- 09/23/2013: Vinay Surya from UC Berkeley has joined our lab as a PhD student. He will be working on understanding how endothelial cells sense complex flow patterns. Welcome Vinay!
- 09/20/2013: Eva Huang passed her qualifying exams with flying colors. She did awesome, congrats Eva!
- 07/16/2013: Masatoshi, Armen, and Arjun published a paper in Nano Letters on their work on measuring the forces on single integrin molecules in living cells. Congrats guys! Check out the paper, hot off the press. Link
- 05/10/2013: Dr. Arjun Adhikari graduated with his PhD today! Congrats Arjun. He now joins Professor Jim Spudich's lab as a postdoctoral scholar. Good luck with your future endeavors.
- 04/01/2013: Eva Huang (chemical engineering) and Leanna Owen (biophysics) have joined our lab as PhD students. Eva passed her pre-qualifying exams (Congrats!) and Leanna will take hers next year (customary for the biophysics program).
- 03/26/2013: The Dunn Lab took a trip to UC-Berkeley for the CDB Spring Symposium called "The Mechanical Basis for Biological Form." This symposium hosted experts in the mechanobiology field, and so we got to hear presentations from Ron Vale, Mike Sheetz, Clare Waterman, Tarun Kapoor, Martin Schwartz, Thomas Lecuit, James Nelson, Doug DeSimone, and Valerie Weaver. These speakers are all familiar to our lab, because we read their papers frequently and present them at literature reviews. It was a wonderful experience to meet them in person and hear their talks, and I hope we can maintain strong academic relationships in the future.
- 02/01/2013-02/05/2013: The Dunn Lab attended the the Annual Biophysical Society Meeting in Philadelphia and presented 3 posters and 1 talk. This was a great experience for us to hear some of the current work being done in the field, and get the opportunity to discuss our projects with other researchers. It's especially helpful when outside perspective is provided, because it's intellectually stimulating and motivating.
- 02/01/2013: Sheil Kee joined our lab as a postdoctoral scholar. She did her graduate work in Doug Robinson's lab in Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Welcome Sheil!
- 12/15/2012-12/19/2012: The Dunn Lab attended the the Annual ASCB (American Society for Cell Biology) Meeting in San Francisco and several members presented posters there. This was the first time for many of us at a cell biology conference, so it was a nice experience getting exposed to such a diverse assortment of projects in cell biology. It's necessary for some of us who don't come from cell biology backgrounds to get immersed in the field, and this conference was a great way of getting immersed.
- 11/05/12: The Dunn lab welcomes its newest member, Masatoshi's newborn daughter Yuzuki! This is wonderful news for the lab, as we have yet another cute baby to keep us company at lab events. Congratulations to Masatoshi and his family!
- 10/29/12: Maggie Ostrowski won the best poster award in the fluid dynamics section at the 2012 AIChE annual meeting in Pittsburgh. As part of her award, she was given the opportunity to present her work in an oral session the following day; she did an awesome job at both presentations. Congrats Maggie.
- 09/15/12: The Dunn lab welcomes its newest member! Andrew Price from the biophysics program has joined our lab after rotating in the summer quarter. Welcome Andrew!
- 09/07/12: It's official: Alex was awarded the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) grant. The grant is titled "Role of mechanical signaling in stem cell self-renewal and differentiation," and the public abstract is provided on the list of all CIRM grants. Congrats Alex! This is awesome.
- 08/03/12: Here's another link to the Stanford press release on the PNAS paper, it was featured in the Stanford Report, which is a news collection for events around campus. Take a look!
- 07/27/12: The lab's recently published paper in PNAS on the topic of measuring the forces at epithelial cadherins was recommended as being of special significance in its field by a member of the F1000 faculty. You can check the brief written recommendation of the article here.
- Month of July: Lots of great news! First, Arjun and Emerson published a paper in JACS; here's the link. Secondly, Nicolas, Olga, and Maria published a paper in PNAS , and this paper was chosen for a Stanford press release. Very nice work. Congrats to you all!
- 04/24/12: Armen was awarded the NSF GRFP Fellowship! Congrats!
- 02/27/12: Masatoshi Morimatsu has joined our lab as a postdoctoral scholar! He has come from Japan where he did his graduate work in the Yanagita lab. Youkoso!
- 02/24/12: The Dunn lab takes a trip to San Diego for the Biophysical Society Annual Meeting!
- 12/20/11: The Dunn lab published a new paper! Get it while it's hot. Congrats Arjun and Armen!
- 10/17/11: Arjun and Jack presented their work at the 2011 AIChE conference. Check out the blog for more info!
- 09/23/11: Armen, Alice, and Maggie passed their quals. Congrats guys!
- 09/6/11: Raj Nambiar joined our lab. Welcome Raj!
- 05/27/11: Craig was awarded Bio-X Fellowship. Congratulations!
- 04/11/11: Jack and Alice were awarded NSF Fellowships. Congratulations!
- 04/04/11: Armen, Alice and Maggie joined our lab. Welcome!
- 1/19/11: The Dunn lab published its first paper!!! Congrats Arjun and Jack!
- 12/16/10: Alex was awarded a Stanford Cardiovascular Institute (CVI) seed grant for the 2010-2011 year!!
- 11/12/10: Arjun gave a talk at the AIChE Conference titled "Effect of Force on collagen-proteolysis by MMP-1".
- 9/17/10: Diego, Jack and Craig all passed their qualifying exams. *High fives*
- 6/28/10: Jack was awarded a Stanford Cardiovascular Institute Fellowship. Congrats Jack!
- 5/25/10: Arjun was awarded a Stanford Graduate Fellowship. Congrats Arjun!
- 4/12/10: Alex published a new paper in PNAS. Get it while it's hot.
- 4/5/10: Diego was awarded an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship. Nicely done Diego!
- 4/2/10: Two new students passed their pre-quals and joined our lab. Welcome Craig and Jack!
- 3/25/10: Professor Dunn was awarded a grant from the Digestive Disease Center at Stanford for 2010-2011. Congrats Alex!
- Sometime in 2009: David Altman left to us to start his own lab at Willamette. Good luck David!
(Via Web Counter)
Photo courtesy of www.JohnTodd.com