(Difference between revisions)
(→Useful Primer Design Tools)
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
Revision as of 22:27, 30 May 2005
This needs more work, but wanted to get it started.
- Avoid runs over 3 nucleotide (AAAA)
- 18-30bp in length. Molecular Cloning says that 5' tails do not significantly affect annealing.
- Primer pairs should differ in length by less than 3bp.
- 3’ end should be G or C (stronger bond)
- Primer melting temp (Tm) should be 50-60C w/ low FIR difference (<5C, 2C better)
- Molecular Cloning advises GC content between 40% and 60%
- Avoid palindromes and inverted repeat sequences.
- Avoid complementarity between members of a primer pair.
- Check for dimer binding and hairpins in Vector NTI.
- Want to avoid structures with ΔG < -5kcal/mol