DNA Precipitation protocol
- 3M Sodium Acetate solution
- 95% EtOH
- 70% EtOH
- DNA sample
- Measure out 0.1 volume 3M Sodium Acetate solution into DNA sample.
- Measure out 1 µl of Glycogen into Eppendorf tube (1).
- Add 2 volumes 95% EtOH.
Option 1: Store at -20°C for 12 hrs(overnight).
Option 2: Store at -80°C for 30 mins.
- Centrifuge at maximum speed for at least 15 mins at room temperature, gently aspirate out the supernatant and discard it.
- Dry the pellet in air for 10 - 15 mins.
Dry until all the liquid is gone.
Option 1: Add water to pellet.
Option 2: Add buffer to water.
Resuspend pellet by vortexing/by shaking vigorously.
Add 1 ml of 70% EtOH.
Store at room temperature for 5 mins.
Centrifuge at maximum speed for 5 mins at room temperature, gently aspirate out the supernatant and discard it.
TOTAL TIME REQUIRED FOR THE COMPLETION OF THE PROTOCOL :~ 12 hrs, 25 mins