< User:Etienne Robillard | Notebook
- Molecular Formula : CHCl3
- Common synonyms includes: chloroform, methane trichloride, methyl trichloride, etc..
- Refrigerant, organic reagent for DNA synthesis (forming a cyclopropane derivative), and anesthetic (as a Potassium (K+) channel enhancer. Thus, breathing hazardous levels of chloroform may be hazardous to people taking Potassium channel blockers (PCBs) as medicamentation for birth control, leading to a condition known as hyperkalemia.) Ref
Toxicity review of chloroform
- "Based on its gas-phase reactivity with hydroxyl radicals, chloroform has an atmospheric lifetime estimated to range from 150 to 230 days." 1
- Potassium channel blockers