This course will NOT BE CURVED.
Numerical grades will be assigned for each homework assignment, examination, and project.
Your final grade will be computed based on your performance in all aspects of the course with weights as follows:
Research Project 50%
Wiki Pages & Presentation 20%
Exam 1 10%
Exam 2 10%
Exam 3 (Final) 10%
Extra credit opportunities are available through extra wiki pages/presentations.
Wiki Pages Grading Rubric
Wiki Presentation Grading Rubric
NIH Grant Grading Rubric
NIH Presentations Grading Rubric
Grant Review Day Summary Statement Grading Rubric
Peer Grading Forms
grants for review day
Group 1 Grant Review
Group 2 Grant Review
Group 3 Grant Review
Group 4 Grant Review
Sample Specific Aims Page
Sample Grant Review Summary Statement
NOTE: All wiki pages are due the day you present, by 4pm!
- 2/13: Exam 1 is Due. By email to Prof. Peyton, 5:15pm. Exam 1 Solutions Average grade: 88
- 3/14: Exam 2 is Due. By email to Prof. Peyton, 5pm. Exam 2 Solutions Average grade: 83
- 3/27: Grant Reviews Day. Prepare your personal review (not to turn in) in order to participate in class on 3/27. Scribe summary due (1 per group) by email to Prof. Peyton, 11:59pm, 3/27.
- 4/3: Specific Aims Page is Due. By email to Prof. Peyton, 4pm.
- 4/24: Final Group Paper is Due. By email to Prof. Peyton, 4pm.
- 4/29: Final Exam is Due. By email to Prof. Peyton, 4pm.