For Monday, January 28th, 2013
- Register to use the OpenWetWare Wiki.
- Learn how to edit pages.
- Play around in the WIki sandbox.
- Add your name to the CH391L Users page.
- Leave at least one comment on the Talk page or make at least one addition to either Introduction to Synthetic Biology or Ethics of synthetic biology.
- Add at least one event to the "Timeline of Synthetic Biology" in the Introduction to Synthetic Biology with a link or citation.
- Read articles for discussion:
- Ethics of synthetic biology (Neil)
- DIY Biology Movement (John)
- BioBricks and the iGEM registry (Tyler)
For Monday, February 4th, 2013
Papers for Discussion
Error fetching PMID 19298678:
- Playing God in Frankenstein's Footsteps: Synthetic Biology and the Meaning of Life
- Outlaw, hackers, victorian amateurs: diagnosing public participation in the life sciences today pdf
For DIY Biology
- Error fetching PMID 19298678:
For Monday, February 11th, 2013
- CAD for Synthetic Biology (Kevin)
- Chris Yellman and Randy Hughes will discuss the paper for DNA Assembly: From Genes to Genomes
Papers for Discussion
- Gibson DG, Benders GA, Andrews-Pfannkoch C, Denisova EA, Baden-Tillson H, Zaveri J, Stockwell TB, Brownley A, Thomas DW, Algire MA, Merryman C, Young L, Noskov VN, Glass JI, Venter JC, Hutchison CA 3rd, and Smith HO. . pmid:18218864.
Complete chemical synthesis, assembly, and cloning of a Mycoplasma genitalium genome. For DNA synthesis and assembly
Find a useful or neat tool from a past iGEM software competition using one of these links. Test drive it if possible. Be able to briefly describe what it does to class. For CAD
- Minimal / "clean" genomes (Evan)
- Functional Nucleic Acids --Alvaro E. Rodriguez M. 21:50, 27 January 2013 (EST)
For Monday, February 18th, 2013
- Ancestral sequence reconstruction (Aurko)
- Directed protein evolution (Max)
- Bioprospecting / Metagenomics (Andre)
- Biocontainment (Thomas)
- New Marker Genes (Ben)
For Monday, February 25th, 2013
- Optogenetics (Sid)
- TBD (Larry)
- Riboswitches (Kate)
For Monday, March 4th, 2013
- TBD (Jeremy)
- Biological material assembly and patterning - Belcher virus work (Marco)