For Monday, January 28th, 2013
- Register to use the OpenWetWare Wiki.
- Learn how to edit pages.
- Play around in the WIki sandbox.
- Add your name to the CH391L Users page.
- Leave at least one comment on the Talk page or make at least one addition to either Introduction to Synthetic Biology or Ethics of synthetic biology.
- Add at least one event to the "Timeline of Synthetic Biology" in the Introduction to Synthetic Biology with a link or citation.
- Read articles for discussion:
- Ethics of synthetic biology (Neil)
- DIY Biology Movement (John)
- BioBricks and the iGEM registry (Tyler)
For Monday, February 4th, 2013
Papers for Discussion
- Skim the Executive Summary of New Directions: The Ethics of Synthetic Biology and Emerging Technologies
- Kelly JR, Rubin AJ, Davis JH, Ajo-Franklin CM, Cumbers J, Czar MJ, de Mora K, Glieberman AL, Monie DD, and Endy D. . pmid:19298678.
- Outlaw, hackers, victorian amateurs: diagnosing public participation in the life sciences today pdf
For DIY Biology
- Minimal / "clean" genomes (Evan)
- CAD for Synthetic Biology (Kevin)
- DNA Assembly: From Genes to Genomes (Gabe) 
For Monday, February 11th, 2013
- Ancestral sequence reconstruction (Aurko)
- Directed protein evolution (Max)
- Functional Nucleic Acids --Alvaro E. Rodriguez M. 21:50, 27 January 2013 (EST)
For Monday, February 18th, 2013
- Biocontainment (Thomas)
- Bioprospecting / Metagenomics (Andre)
- New Marker Genes (Ben)
For Monday, February 25th, 2013
- Optogenetics (Sid)
- TBD (Larry)
- TBD (Kate)
For Monday, March 4th, 2013
- TBD (Jeremy)
- TBD (Marco)