What is a reactor?
The CCMV capsid was considered as a continuous stirred-tank reactor with accumulation of the product.
For an enzymatic reaction of the type:
with a reaction rate of:
We established the following in our system:
- Uniform distribution throughout the reactor
- K-1 >> K1 and K2
- One enzyme per reactor/VLP
- Tortuosity approaches zero during diffusion
Mass balance was presented as such:
INTAKE= OUTFLOW- DISAPPEARANCE BY REACTION + ACCUMULATION
Disappearance = V(-rS
F0 = F0(1-XS) - V(-rS) +
The intake and outflow flux were determined by diffusion , considering a spherical container.
For the simplification of the diffusion phenomenon we considered:
- Constant temperature
- Constant pressure
- Species B stays in a stationary state (it does not diffuse in A)
- The container (VLP) has a spherical shape
A mass balance, taking into account a spherical envelope leads to:
where NAr represents molar flux. For NBr we obtain:
At a constant temperature the product (cDAB) is equally constant and xA=1-xB, the equation can be integrated into the following expression: