< Biomod | 2012 | Titech/Nano-Jugglers
Physical principles for simulations
- We confirm the movement of rocket on 2D plots in simulation.
- We assumed that movement of biomolecular rocket is affected by following four forces and dynamics in simulation.
1. Driving forces from Bubble detachment
- Biomolecular rocket accelerates by a single bubble detachment every Δtd seconds .
- Bubbles detachments occur when fixed time Δtd passed.
- We defined growth of bubbles as
- Δtd is defined as the time which is required bubbles to reach its detachment radius Rd.
- We defined these vi and Δtd as following formula.
- It helps Biomolecular Rocket go straightforward.
2. Fluid resistance
- Fluid resistance depends on the velocity of Biomolecular Rocket and viscosity of solution.
- Resistance is defined as
- Therefore, acceleration of Biomolecular Rocket is
- It decreases speed of Biomolecular Rocket.
3. Translational Brownian displacement
- Translational Brownian movement prevents Biomolecular Rocket from going straight forward.
- This is because body of rocket is so small and smaller particles can't be controlled under Brownian Movement.
- Translational displacement by Brownian movement is described as
4. Rotatory Brownian changes
- Rotatory Brownian movement decreases the directional controllability of Biomolecular Rocket.
- Movement of Biomolecular Rocket is also much influenced by Rotatory Brownian Movement
- Rotatory changes by Brownian movement is described as