< Biomod | 2011 | Aarhus/DanishNanoArtists | Overview
- We have designed and successfully assembled a 3D RNA origami structure in the form of a octahedron.
- The assembly of the octahedron was verified and characterized using band shift assays, HPLC, FRET, and SAXS.
- We have achieved opening of the RNA/DNA hybrid octahedron as a response to the presence of a specific micro RNA, as seen by FRET.
- We have succeeded in producing small interfering RNAs from the origami structure by designing the RNA octahedron with 3’ overhangs, serving as recognition sites for specific cleavage by Dicer.
- We achieved knockdown of Renilla Luciferase by transfection of the RNA octahedron with 3’ overhangs into H1299 cells.
- We have successfully produced an RNA octahedron which can both deliver and release drugs as a response to specific micro RNAs, and act as a drug itself, upon cleavage into siRNA.