BioMicroCenter:Caliper LabChip GX
The Caliper LabChip GX is the most accurate and advanced nucleic acid separations system. The GX suite of instruments utilizes Caliper’s innovative microfluidics technology to perform reproducible, high-resolution, eletrophoretic separations.
- Complete assessment of RNA quality for better gene expression data
- Exact sizing and quantitation of DNA fragments
- Extreme accuracy with resolution down to 5 bp and sensitivity of 0.1ng/ul
- Flexible with 96 and 384 well compatibility
- Comprehensive and quantitative analysis with LabChip GX software
- 5 pg/μL per fragment
- 100 pg/μL for smears
Limited Sample Workflow
- 10 pg/μL per fragment
- 200 pg/μL for smears
RNA metrics such as peak heights, peak areas, and concentration are used to determine an RQS (RNA Quality Score) number for each sample. The Caliper RQS is a calculated score that rates the quality of RNA samples. The RQS has been validated to correlate well with Agilent’s RIN (RNA Integrity Number) and follows the same 0-10 scale rating. Results comparing RIN to RQS for the same samples run on both LabChip GX and Agilent’s Bioanalyzer 2100 typically show <10% deviation.
The LabChip GX software for data analysis allows users to visualize results via an electropherogram or virtual gel view and provides data in tabular form, which can then be analyzed or easily exported into a spreadsheet format. The soft ware is available for download from BioMicro at http://biomicro-bioanalyzer.mit.edu/