This information was taken directly from the Bibus Wiki at http://bibus-biblio.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
What is Bibus ?
Bibus is a bibliographic and reference management software. As with other such tools, Bibus allows one to search, edit, and sort bibliographic records. In addition, Bibus contains features that makes it unique among open source and even commercial bibliographic databases:
- Hierarchical organization of the references with user defined keys
- Designed for multiuser environments
- You can share the database between an "unlimited" number of users
- Each user will have its own classification
- You can define read-only and read-write users
- Live queries; that is searches that update as the database changes
- On-line PubMed queries
- On-line eTBLAST queries
- Insertion of references and formatting of bibliographies into two widely used Word Processors (OpenOffice.org and Microsoft Word)
- Foreign language support through Unicode and gettext. As of version 1.2, Bibus is available in English, French, Portuguese, German, Spanish and Chinese.
- Bibus works on most modern platforms:
What makes Bibus special?
- Free (as in Freedom) and free (as in beer)
- Easy to use, intuitive interface
- Works with OpenOffice.org and MS Word (Linux, Windows, MacOS X)
- Interfaces seamlessly with PubMed Entrez and with eTBLAST. To learn more about Bibus/eTBLAST please visit this quick user guide
- Ability to create custom styles for bibliogaphies
- See user-defined Bibus Styles