(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 00:52, 5 February 2013
NOTE: This page is still under construction.
This journal entry is due on Friday, February 8 at midnight PST (Thursday night/Friday morning). NOTE that the server records the time as Eastern Standard Time (EST). Therefore, midnight will register as 03:00.
Individual Journal Assignment
- Store this journal entry as "username Week 4" (i.e., this is the text to place between the square brackets when you link to this page).
- Download these two matlab files, the script and the differential equation function, and execute the script.
- In your journal entry, build a table containing the parameter values and embed the graph.
- Download the two-nutrient chemostat and answer the three questions.
Shared Journal Assignment
- Store your journal entry in the shared Class Journal Week 4 page. If this page does not exist yet, go ahead and create it (congratulations on getting in first :) )
- Link to your journal entry from your user page.
- Link back from the journal entry to your user page.
- Sign your portion of the journal with the standard wiki signature shortcut (
- Add the "BIOL398-03/S13" category to the end of the wiki page (if someone has not already done so).
Reflection on Work
- What was the purpose of this assignment?
- What aspect of this assignment came most easily to you?
- What aspect of this assignment was the most challenging for you?
- What (yet) do you not understand?
Read and Reflect
- Go back over the ter Schure paper. Which parameters in our model can you extract from the paper? Which must be found by some other methods? What steady states are provided in the paper?