BIOL398-03/S13:Class Journal Week 8
James P. McDonald Week 6 Journal
- What aspect of this assignment came most easily to you?
- Determining what the color and shade of the spots would be on the chip when looking at the calculated ratios of the genes.
- What aspect of this assignment was the most challenging for you?
- No specific part of the assignment was especially difficult. It just took time to get through the paper and take out specific pieces of information that I analyzed to answer the assignment questions.
- What (yet) do you not understand?
- I don't think there was any part of this paper or that assignment that I did not understand. I don't know a lot about computer programming so I don't think I would understand how people have developed programs to interpret and simplify the massive amounts of data present on the microarray chips.
- What aspect of microarrays would you like to know more about?
- I would like to know how microarrays could someday be used to determine the the traits of a person or show how a person's genome could point to the potential for contracting diseases. I think this could be very interesting and useful information to have about a specific individual.