BIOL398-03/S13:Class Journal Week 4
Paul Magnano Class Journal Week 4
Reflection on Work
- What was the purpose of this assignment? To help us become more familiar with matlab, as well as to help us better understand the relationships between various parameters and state variables in the equations we are using to model chemostats.
- What aspect of this assignment came most easily to you? The inital graph using matlab.
- What aspect of this assignment was the most challenging for you? The 3 questions were very confusing for me because I wasn't in class on tuesday, so for the most part I kind of had to guess my way through it. I'm hoping that thursdays class will clear up the things that I was confused on, as I am fairly sure that I need to redo at least part of my questions on the individual assignment.
- What (yet) do you not understand? The reasoning behind the manipulation of the equations in question 1.
Read and Reflect
- Go back over the ter Schure paper. Which parameters in our model can you extract from the paper? Which must be found by some other methods? What steady states are provided in the paper?